SeniorMatch.com, being a forerunner of senior dating sites is, perhaps, one of the most well-known sites in this niche. The easy to navigate site’s tagline states: “You don’t have to be alone” and gives encouragement and hope to those seniors looking for a life-partner.
It’s some 13 years since the site was started and it claims to be the largest and most effective dating site for seniors. Senior Match only focuses on members over 50 years old in order to maintain its quality and, usually, will not allow young members to join.
The vast majority of members appear to be residents of the USA, although there are users from several other countries amongst the millions of listed profiles.
Most profiles on the site are very detailed and, with the standard easy signup, users can add up to 27 photos. There is also a special feature which allows members to choose to verify their age, photo, educational background etc to get badges on their profile. Once these have been obtained, other members will know that they are a real member and serious in looking for a match.
As with most similar sites, to enjoy full features such as initiating emails to other members or using the advanced search function, it’s necessary to upgrade to be a Gold Member.
Some of the key features accessible to free users, though, include:
- ability to create a profile with up 27 photos
- search for possible matched based on various parameters
- exchange “winks” and greetings with other users of interest
- use the forums and blog pages
Users who subscribe to a membership or Gold package are able to:
- browse a ‘first date idea’ section, which is helpful in giving some idea of a suitable activity on a first date
- read a self-written section which divulges a member’s likes, complemented by information on their appearance, interests, lifestyle and what they are looking for in a potential partner
- review the private photos listed by other users, or browse the special fashion show galleries pages
- chat online via the instant messenger feature
- participate in members’ forums (lifestyle issues, health, entertainment, technology, online dating and more) to help connect members with similar interests
- write a blog or read and comment on other bloggers’ sites
- play a matching game called Let’s Meet which shows profile pictures of others and allows users to click whether or not they’re interested in that member
Connecting on the move
Both Android and iOS Apps are available or users can use the mobile version so that registered users of Senior Match can stay in contact with those they are in touch with, or already dating, whilst on the move.
Variety of search options
SeniorMatch offers both a quick search, specifying gender and relationship type sought, age range and location/distance from the user’s home. Then there is an advanced search to identify other members based on a variety of personal, lifestyle, physical and other criteria.
Reverse searches for members who are looking for somebody who matches a users’ profile are also possible—and it’s easy to save search results.
There’s also an astrology search, location search (by state/province/zip/city), username search and a number of other searches including members online, recommended members, new members and those with a birthday on the day of searching.
Many users upgrade to Gold membership to get full access to all features, such as being able to send e-greeting cards, receive alerts when messages have been read, access to all search tools, list at the top of searches and receive dating advice and tips (over 1,000 articles), and their own account manager.
The Gold package costs less than $1 a day with other details of the SeniorMatch membership as follows:
- 1 month for $29.95 (saving 25% from the regular price of $39.95)
- 3 months for $59.95 (only $19.95 per month)
- 6 months for $95.95 (only $15.95 per month)
Payment can be made via major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard or American Express; or via PayPal or money order sent by post.
The site has a comprehensive FAQs page (arranged by category) and 24/7 customer support by telephone and email, plus access to a counsellor for live chat if a Gold member.
SeniorMatch is one of the original senior’s dating sites and has a host of features to help members achieve their goal of finding their perfect match. It an easy to use site, with an active membership base—ideal for those serious about senior dating.